Experts in waterway management, boating and regeneration
With nineteen years’ experience in the inland waterways sector, we have a passion for the special character and diversity of the UK’s canals and rivers.
We understand how to balance their many functions, enhance their connectivity with land, and, most importantly, how to unlock their potential.
We have particular expertise in residential moorings and waterway public consultations. Our clients range from the major UK navigation authorities seeking policy or management reviews to individual house-boaters needing advice on their mooring licence.
Having operated at all levels – policy making, strategy development, project delivery and hands-on management – we offer realistic and practical solutions.
We are a small business which draws upon highly experienced associates from a broad range of disciplines as required. We can therefore offer a flexible service to suit each client’s needs.
We have also specified and project-managed a range of online processes from mooring reservations to the complete design and development of the Canal & River Trust’s original website.
Madge Bailey Associates offer extensive expertise in:
- development and management of marinas and moorings
- leading expertise in residential moorings
- policy and management advice to navigation authorities
- public consultations and online surveys
- waterway-focused regeneration
- strategies for enhancing the use of waterways, water-spaces and towpaths
- guidance to marinas and individual house-boaters
- specification and project-management of websites and online processes